Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

The pit of dispair is no longer a pit!

     In a previous post I showed pictures of the french drain that Matt was making and how we ended up with a trench along our walkway and a pit at one end.Well I am supper happy to announce that it is done! I will no longer twist my ankle on my way to do laundry and we can move onto the next drawn out difficult project. Here is a finished photo.
And here is another.
     As you may have noticed there is still a lot of black plastic covering the ground. Well, that is because now that the french drain is done we want to make a patio. The section that Banjo is facing will be a lovely stone patio which will probably be done next spring. The black plastic behind him and down to my right will be more garden space. Also to be done next spring.
     What will you do this summer, then you ask since we won't be working on these projects? Well, the foundation needs some work and once that is done then we might get the gumption to finish the flooring inside. There is still a debate going on as to whether or not we should redo the cabinetry. I think money will end up being the deciding factor on that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment